Transforming Our Public Service Management
We will approach Public Service Management by focusing on the following:
- Ensure adequate healthcare workers, teachers, agriculture extension workers and other professions
- Reorganise the civil service by ensuring appropriate balance of personnel between support/administrative functions (secretaries, messengers, drivers etc) and service delivery functions (teachers, health care workers etc)
- Facilitate devolution of human resource in local councils
- We will introduce career diplomacy so that embassies and High Commissions are headed by professionals not political sympathisers.
- We will depoliticise the public service to make it professional, efficient and effective